9th Bergen COMSOL User Group half-day workshop 09.04.2014
The workshop was part of a COMSOL day at Christian Michelsen Research where the first half of the day was a minicourse/introduction workshop to "COMSOL Multiphysics version 4.4" organized by COMSOL. The attendance was good with representants from both industry, academics and the institute sector - giving interesting presentations and discussions.
Focus at this edition of the COMSOL User Group workshop was more on technical aspects related to the use of COMSOL Multiphysics than previously, but there were also several application specific presentations. Special thanks to Marcus Landschultze who was invited to present his work on viscoelastic receiver coupling to the seafloor.
- Introduction, Jan Kocbach, CMR
- "Our approach to solve large acoustical problems in COMSOL Multiphysics", Geir Pedersen, CMR
- "Experiences with the use of PML in COMSOL Multiphysics. Comparisons to FEMP", Magne Aanes, CMR / UiB
- "Thermal modeling of the subsurface in Adventdalen using COMSOL Multiphysics", Jan Kocbach, CMR
- "Viscoelastic receiver coupling to the seafloor; A 2D simulation", Marcus Landschultze READgroup / UiB
- "Experiences from using the HTML report function in COMSOL Multiphysics", Jan Kocbach, CMR
- "Latest news about COMSOL, and short term future visions", Bertil Nistad, COMSOL
- Around the table: Short introduction to COMSOL Multiphysics use of the Workshop participants
- Q & A session with COMSOL-expert Bertil Nistad
- Please provide questions along with your workshop registration or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
The half-day workshops are planned to consist of a few longer presentations (15-20 minutes including discussions), several shorter presentations (5-10 minutes including discussions), and session with tips about getting the most out of COMSOL Multiphysics.
Christian Michelsen Research
Calendar Archive >>